
Vintage 50's housecoat
What women wore for their trips to the hospital for dialysis, since obviously they couldn't have kidneys AND fit into this dress at the same time.
(joke courtesy of Mr. Pickles)
I'm just happy the days of the corset are gone. I happen to like breathing.
This dress comes with matching belt-shaped tourniquet as an accessory.
ReplyDeleteIs it just me, or do those "ladies" look like they're 7 feet tall and 10 inches wide?
The blue dress reminds me a great deal of the style of dress my grandpa's wife wears. She has all hers made by a professional dressmaker since you can't buy them anymore.
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting that we've moved from the corset to women starving themselves to try to be thin. I don't think we've made much progress in the way we perceive beauty. In some ways I think it's even worse.
Mrs. Pickles, do you remember looking at your Grandma B's paintings in the studio at Maywood? When Grandma was fresh out of college she worked as a commercial artist, painting pictures like these for fashion designers -- all of them had long legs and wasp waists!
ReplyDelete