
Exhibit A

Exhibit B
Due to lighting the pictures weren't able to capture many of the designs, so I guess anyone who wants a better view will just have to come visit! (Just wait until the carpet is put in downstairs and our Deluxe Guest Suite is restored to its former glory!)
And no, those are not mystical symbols designed by a narf. I had the idea for painting musical symbols in the red border shortly after we painted that stripe, but I never made the time to finish it. Several months ago I even put a bottle of gold paint and a brush in the cabinet in the bathroom, thinking that would encourage me at least to work on it bit by bit. No such luck. Today was such a gloomy, misty day that Mr. Pickles and I decided it was perfect for doing those home projects we'd been putting off for... well, years. I painted the bathroom and he tacked down stereo speaker wires (for Mother's Day last year he bought me two speakers for the kitchen, so I could listen to music while I washed the dishes) and the girls generally made nuisances of themselves while The Greatest Opera Show on Earth blasted from the stereo. There's something about Saturdays that makes me want to listen to opera -- maybe from all those "Live from the Met" performances on the radio when I was growing up! :) I had lots of fun perusing my music books for ideas for the designs. Musically inclined guests should have fun guessing the meanings of some of the more obscure ones.
So. It's DONE! Huzzah!
It looks lovely! Mrs. P., it looks like you got Nana's interior decorating gene.
ReplyDeleteI really like the music symbols. Now to balance it out, you should paint math symbols in the downstairs bathroom! Just ask Mr. P. for ideas. (Don't forget e**iπ + 1 = 0.)
Congratulations to both of you on all your household improvements.
Yes, Mr. Pickles wanted me to put math symbols there too. I almost did at one point -- I was running out of musical ones! Maybe I will let him jazz up the downstairs. Our house will be a veritable Gilbreth summer house! :) (read Cheaper by the Dozen)
ReplyDelete