Sunday, September 24, 2006

Old News

Ahh, those fleeting days of summer. These pictures were actually taken back in June, the day before our basement flooded in fact. (which kinda explains why I forgot about them...) Soon after we returned from our big family vacation (hmm, guess I haven't posted pics from then either!) we took a little trip into Old Town Alexandria to eat ice cream along the waterfront.
Mommy, will you buy me one?

chocolate baby face!

This is one of the reasons we haven't posted an updated family photo on our blog in, oh, a year. It would have been perfect if Miriam hadn't been acting like a little snot. Grandma B., consider yourself avenged. She's just like her mother. Nobody's going to tell HER what to do if she doesn't FEEL like doing it, by gum!


I look at these pictures now with a sigh of reminiscence... ah, those happy, carefree days! We were so young and naive! Had we known what events would follow close on the heels of that evening of innocent family pleasures.... Seriously, that was a busy weekend for us. That night we found out I was pregnant, and the next night our basement flooded. Enter crazy summer of 2006!

No comments:

Post a Comment