
yippee!
All the damage and flooding and disaster aside, thank you, Ernesto! We've had lovely weather the last couple days -- I love having the windows open all the time! It's such a relief, and not just b/c our most recent power bill was twice what it normally is! We're getting lots of rain and wind today, which made grocery shopping a nightmare, but all the local flora are rejoicing. We'd begun to despair of the grass ever being green again. (only self-indulgent spendthrifts actually use frivolous things like lawn sprinklers out here) :)
Here's a cool pic of the storm. Looks like we're in for a good bit of rain. Huzzah! Maybe now I can actually plant something and hope that it doesn't die within the week...
I'm glad you're enjoying the weather. I was wondering if you would get any of the rain.
ReplyDeleteI was really glad Ernesto pooped out and didn't hit Florida hard after all. Having a son in Tampa means every hurricane causes anxiety!
Not to be cheated out of a disaster, the weather forecasters have been hyperventilating about Ernesto gathering strength in the Atlantic, predicting that death and mayhem would be inflicted on the East Coast, including your area. I'm glad none of that seems to have happened.
By the way, I noticed the kid-size hockey sticks in your picture. Looks like Dad is training his lovely daughters in the gentle art of hockey-playing!
Yeah, and Katie's really good too -- she has the whole "whapping ball (or sister) with stick" thing down.
ReplyDelete