Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I love my job.

Today while putting the girls down for their naps (praise be that they nap at the same time now!), I let Katie rat around in the room while I prayed with and sang to Miriam. After I kissed her goodnight, Katie toddled over and started blowing kisses at Miriam (she's very good at this -- although she will blow them from her eyeballs instead of her lips...). Miriam kept giggling at her, which encouraged Katie to keep it up. Then Katie leaned over with her lips puckered (Miriam's mattress is on the floor), and she and Miriam gave each other a good night kiss. It was SOOOOO adorable! I finally picked Katie up (after she started whapping Miriam on the nose), and as we were leaving the room, they kept blowing kisses at each other, and Katie kept waving "na naaa! [night night!]"

It's moments like this that make me feel like a million bucks -- I must be doing something right if my girls love each other this much! I only hope this relationship lasts through their teen years....


btw, sorry about the delay in getting a Christmas blog up -- we'll post some pictures as soon as Mr. Pickles uploads them from his computer... (HINT HINT....)

1 comment:

  1. The work can be hard, but the rewards are priceless, aren't they?

    And yes, you are doing a lot right!

    ReplyDelete