Friday, May 15, 2009

Spring has Sprung!

It seemed to be long in coming this year, but Spring has finally come in full force!

First, a little glimmer of hope in mid-March:


Two weeks later:

I wish my sink were here, instead of across the room in the darkest part of the kitchen.

This tree lost its bloom and is now all green with foliage, so we waited for the dogwood out front to reveal its glory.

Hallelujah!

Even Katie noticed when everything started greening up -- one day she exclaimed excitedly when she noticed the green mist on all the trees out back.

The kids are loving being released from their winter confinement!

Two spring pixies. (Joseph is so good-natured.) :)


Can you spot the dryad?
I love that her shirt is EXACTLY the color of sun on the leaves!

It's been raining a lot lately (good for my garden!) but we've been making the most of the days with good weather. The girls are already getting tanned faces because they spend every afternoon outside. Mr. Pickles and I are talking about getting a picnic table for the back yard so we can eat and do school outside on good days. We're certainly enjoying the spring, especially because we know the horrible hot summer is just around the corner.... This year we're planning on joining a pool, though, so that should make the hot days pass more quickly. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a funny place to decide to de-lurk!

    I'm glad SOMETHING made you do it!!

    Come again :)

    ReplyDelete