Oh, yeah, position: the baby's head is down, and its back is lying to the left of my now-outie. :) So the moving lumps to the far right, under my ribcage, are the baby's feet, and the rest in the middle are hands, elbows and knees. I haven't successfully been able to identify which is which though.
It actually hasn't been too uncomfortable. Every once in a while the baby will surprise me with a strong kick and I'll yelp (the girls still talk about a memorable day at the library), and sometimes I'll have to knead its little feet down out of my ribcage. But it's gotten to the point now where it has so little room that it's mostly just stretching, like you see here. (two months ago, though, my belly would look like the cornstarch monster!)
And it's not NEARLY as strong or as busy as Katie was. (good thing!)
I would tell her this: Anne Marie, it's all part of the Great Adventure! It's all worth it, and parts of it are even fun (like feeling the baby move). I wouldn't have traded even the most uncomfortable parts, if it meant I had to give up even one of our children. However strange or undesirable the process seems to you now, it's natural and it really works. Billions of women have gone through pregnancy and childbirth just fine, and virtually none of them would give up their children for anything. You can do it, too -- and experience more joy than you thought possible.
And yet, funny enough, neither of those responses helped. =p
Besides, I blame Joe for showing it to me. He's asked me if I'd yet seen the video on Jen's blog, and the way he said it, I instantly knew I did not want to see it. Yet, he showed it to me anyways.
So, I blame him for any set-backs. =p
Honestly, I am trying to keep my mind completely pure of ANYTHING to do with pregnancy so I don't have any fears OR expectations. Ignorance truly is bliss, and when I do come around to those road blocks, I'll build the bridge then and there to get over it.
Right now, I'm enjoying knowing (almost) nothing about the whole experience. I'll have my own when the time comes, and I will make my own decisions on the whole matter at that time. =)
Busy baby!
ReplyDeleteI remember the feel of it, but I don't think I ever got such a good view. It looks really weird! Can you tell what part of the baby is where?
Are you finding it very uncomfortable? Sometimes I had to push back, just to relieve the feeling that the baby was going to punch right through.
Oh, yeah, position: the baby's head is down, and its back is lying to the left of my now-outie. :) So the moving lumps to the far right, under my ribcage, are the baby's feet, and the rest in the middle are hands, elbows and knees. I haven't successfully been able to identify which is which though.
ReplyDeleteIt actually hasn't been too uncomfortable. Every once in a while the baby will surprise me with a strong kick and I'll yelp (the girls still talk about a memorable day at the library), and sometimes I'll have to knead its little feet down out of my ribcage. But it's gotten to the point now where it has so little room that it's mostly just stretching, like you see here. (two months ago, though, my belly would look like the cornstarch monster!)
And it's not NEARLY as strong or as busy as Katie was. (good thing!)
I think that weirded out Anne Marie. By showing it to her I probably inadvertently set back starting our family by another four years.
ReplyDeleteYou need to put warnings on these things: "Not suitable for Anne Marie".
I would tell her this:
ReplyDeleteAnne Marie, it's all part of the Great Adventure! It's all worth it, and parts of it are even fun (like feeling the baby move). I wouldn't have traded even the most uncomfortable parts, if it meant I had to give up even one of our children. However strange or undesirable the process seems to you now, it's natural and it really works. Billions of women have gone through pregnancy and childbirth just fine, and virtually none of them would give up their children for anything. You can do it, too -- and experience more joy than you thought possible.
Wow, how profound!
ReplyDeleteMy response was going to be more along the lines of: "Life is weirder than Science Fiction" :)
And yet, funny enough, neither of those responses helped. =p
ReplyDeleteBesides, I blame Joe for showing it to me. He's asked me if I'd yet seen the video on Jen's blog, and the way he said it, I instantly knew I did not want to see it. Yet, he showed it to me anyways.
So, I blame him for any set-backs. =p
Honestly, I am trying to keep my mind completely pure of ANYTHING to do with pregnancy so I don't have any fears OR expectations. Ignorance truly is bliss, and when I do come around to those road blocks, I'll build the bridge then and there to get over it.
Right now, I'm enjoying knowing (almost) nothing about the whole experience. I'll have my own when the time comes, and I will make my own decisions on the whole matter at that time. =)