Monday, March 17, 2008

Ahwooga!! Ahwooga!!

Yellow alert! Had my 38 wk OB appt today, and learned some exciting things: the baby's head is engaged in my pelvis (which explains why I've been going to the bathroom every 30 minutes again, and why my pelvis feels like it's... full) and I'm dilated 1cm. Woo hoo! One cm! Exciting times! Of course, I could still be walking around feeling like the baby's head is hanging between my thighs for a couple weeks yet. But I doubt it....

So now I just need to:

-vacuum the house
-clean the bathrooms
-install the carseat
-call the pediatrician
-finish packing
-finish my Easter dress
-start Miriam's flower girl dress
-dust
-polish the piano
-do all the laundry
-paint all the baseboards
-organize all our photos
-go grocery shopping

...you get the idea. :)

As far as baby stuff goes, we're set. The car seat's in the car and the bags are packed, which is more than we had ready when Miriam surprised us. :)


The crib's all ready.

...complete with test baby

My nursing corner is all ready to go, with my deluxe leather lounge chair from IKEA. (Katie is demonstrating that Mommy's lap will always have enough room for her.)

I've got a new baby carrier, the Moby Wrap, provided by some FABULOUS friends. Miriam makes a great model, with the help of a zebra. :) I had originally wanted a Maya Wrap sling to replace (or supplement) our other one, but a friend loves her Moby and highly recommended it.

Itty bitty diapers! You forget how teeny they really are. It's like they're made for dollies. (Behind it you can see my new gender-neutral Boppy w/taggies -- made by one of those fabulous friends!)

Speaking of dollies, they make excellent models for babies. :) I practiced smocking by making a dress for Madeline, to get a feel for how it worked before I made a new baptism outfit for the REAL baby. (since the one Miriam & Katie were baptized in is almost 100 yrs. old and starting to show its age a bit...)

Here it is in all its glory, mostly finished! It's really hard sewing for someone whose measurements you can't take! I'm not totally 100% satisfied w/it -- but I suppose that's what I get for trying to make it using 3 separate patterns. :) The baby will probably be swimming in it -- the smallest pattern I had was for 6 mos. -- but I can put some tucks in to shorten sleeves and legs if necessary. I also didn't want it to be too frilly, in case we have a boy. But it still looks cute from a distance. :) And it will only be used once every 3 years or so, so really, does it matter? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment