Wednesday, March 12, 2008

2 hours and $170 later...

...our front doorknob looks like this:


Yes, for the first time in Pickles history, I locked myself out. I blame the foggy-headedness of pregnancy. :) Fortunately our lovely neighbors were home so I was able to call a locksmith right away -- plus the weather was nice so the girls could run around and pick flowers and have stick sword fights while we waited over an hour. (15 minute service my foot!) It's kind of scary how easy it was for the locksmith to open the door. The knob was so old that he had to drill it open -- it took all of about 3 seconds, maybe 4 to open it. Certainly gives you a real feeling of security to know how easy it is to break in to someone's house. :) Good thing we have so little of value to worry about. We'd probably have to pay a thief to break in and steal our TV. (even though we love it for its faithful service over the many, many years of its existence)

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I'm glad it wasn't snowing!

    I am paranoid about locking myself out. I keep a spare car key in my wallet, and I take my keys with me when I go out the front door to talk to a neighbor (and sometimes when I go into the back yard!)

    Actually, there are several windows a person could climb in. Except that I am WAY beyond being able to climb in any windows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha! </Nelson Muntz>

    ReplyDelete