Thursday, February 16, 2006

Meenum Update

In the world of Meenum:

Miriam loves dancing. Mrs. Pickles has recently taken up ballet again through the local County Rec Center. You should have seen Miriam's eyes light up when she learned that Mommy was going dancing! She kept asking me if I wore a ballaleena dress, and if the other ladies wore dresses to dance too. I think pretty soon we're going to have to enroll her in a tiny tots ballet class -- like Angelina Ballerina, more than anything else in the world she loves to dance. Yesterday she begged for music so she could do this:


dancing princess

She loves dancing right here b/c she can see her reflection in the piano. :)


Look at me!

Miriam still sleeps in our room. She always starts off in her own bed, but somewhere around midnight she comes padding into our room to sleep in her "little bed". Since she's almost four (gasp!) I've been trying subtly to plant the idea that big girls stay in their OWN beds ALL night long. The other evening we had this exchange:
Mrs.P: "Are you going to stay in your big bed all night long tonight?"
Miriam, eyes wide with horror: "No, I'm going to come sleep in my little bed!" (as if to stay, Mother! What a preposterous idea!
Mrs.P: "Why not?"
Miriam, smiling: "Because I like my little bed because it's CUTE!"
Mrs.P: "Oh?"
Miriam, after a pause: "And because I like to be with MommyDaddy in MommyDaddy's room."
Awwwwwwww.
The other night (or rather, early morning) we were startled awake by Miriam crying out, "Spider! A spi-i-i-i-der-r-r-r-r!" When Mr. Pickles (who possesses the ability to leap out of bed before he is fully awake, unlike Mrs. Pickles, who requires caffeine applied intravenously before she will CONSIDER opening her eyes) hopped out of bed to the rescue, Miriam explained, "Dere was a spider on my face, and he wanted to eat me because I'm yummy!" With Herculean effort, Mr. Pickles managed to refrain from waking the rest of the family with hysterical laughter, and instead comforted Miriam ("Daddy poTECted me from the spider," as she informed me the next morning) who within seconds was back asleep.

Speaking of bedtime, Miriam's latest lullaby request has consistently been "Jesus Christ is Risen Today." Not sure how that became a favorite. The way she asks for it is, "Mommy, can you sing 'Jesus Christ is risen today, and then the angels, and who did once upon the cross?' Can you sing that one?" Also, before the family Rosary, Miriam always offers up these intentions (while entwining her rosary in her toes): "I'd like to offer dis Rosary for my dolly that she brought, and just a Thanksgiving Day, Amen."

2 comments:

  1. Dancing lessons? Wow! I'm so jealous. Enjoy every minute. I'm still trying to convince DH to take swing dancing lessons with me, but he says that I have to learn how to follow first;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget another one of Miriam's intentions, "For mommydaddy, and thank you for Daddy home from work today."

    ReplyDelete