There have been many pretty, happy, and funny moments since last week; however, the real has dominated our lives lately. An intestinally-themed virus has been making its slow rounds through the family, and on top of that I've had two debilitating tension headaches within the space of one week. Everyone seems finally to be on the mend, and I've dug us out of the piles of laundry that were threatening to eat the house (the laundry! oh, the laundry!). Mr. Pickles has done an admirable job stepping in while I was incapacitated. I honestly don't know what I would have done without him. We wouldn't have had an Easter feast, that's for sure -- he had to do the shopping for me last week while I was still recovering. He got all the essentials: ham, ice cream, piles of meat, sugar cereal, that sort of thing. Still, there's no substitute for a full-time housekeeper. (oh! the laundry!) I'm glad to be back on my feet, albeit a little wobbly -- I feel like I'm leaving my family to the wolves whenever I'm down for a day. (I actually get the most worried about the baby when I'm sick -- when I can't drink anything more than 2 sips of Sprite for 6 hours I wonder if the milk factory is able to function. Judging by how much he's been waking up at night, my guess is not very well.)
All this is to say that we were sick, we're better, I have pictures, we've got a busy weekend coming up but I hope to post again soon, and HAPPY EASTER!!!
Awh -- I'm sorry it's been one of those weeks. I hate those! I hope and pray you all start perking up and things get back to normal soon for you! Much love!
ReplyDeleteHope everyone is healthy and happy again soon!
ReplyDelete