Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Good Day

Several days ago we had just a plain Good Day.  We went to Mass for first Friday, even though I reeeeeally wanted to sleep in just another 30 minutes.  (Miriam even offered to take Daniel for me, bless her little motherly heart!)  I must have received an extra shot of grace that day.  It was most welcome.

We played with the mint green playdough I had made for St. Patrick's Day.

this looked a lot more like a merman before Jo-jo squashed his face and arms

mermaids were the order of the day
Then after I cleaned up from that, we made pretzels (fast becoming a Friday Lenten tradition).

even Jo-jo of the Irish Eyes helped

Later we went for a nature walk, and used some cute little tin buckets I found at a craft store to collect treasures.


Afterwards we enjoyed raspberry tea with our pretzels while the girls painted what they found in their Nature Journals.
It was a delightful togetherness sort of day.  Of course, by 4pm I was really getting tired of cleaning up messes and was about dead on my feet from not having had a break all day long.  But it was one of those golden days that you remember for ever, for the sheer beauty in its ordinariness.

No comments:

Post a Comment