Often in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed (sshh! don't tell them!) Mr. Pickles and I let the bunny out for a run. She is so fun to have around -- when we sit in the living room, she likes to come hang out with us. She's very social.
One evening while Smokey was out, I was cleaning the gerbil cage as well. I let Peter run around on the sofa, and the little bugger figured out how to hop to the floor without killing himself in the process. He enjoyed a few moments of freedom, and then Smokey discovered him.
 |
| *sniff sniff* you smell funny! |
It was very cute and sweet, until the rabbit began hopping away with the gerbil following close on her heels, sniffing and poking her the whole way, and then they faced each other again and apparently Peter decided he didn't like the way Smokey was looking at him or something and tried to pick a fight by clawing her nose so she responded by giving him a warning nip but of course her teeth are probably larger than his brain so he didn't like the feeling of that and started running in circles while the rabbit freaked and leaped away and I decided it was time to put the animals to bed.
When did you all get a rabbit?!? He is cute!
ReplyDelete