Well, figuratively. I try to sit down as much as possible these days.
So that puts Katie B., Kim, Dave, Joe, and our Katie-in-residence out of the running. For a while I thought the baby might come yesterday -- I was having contractions about every 5 mins. on Saturday evening, and a couple even woke me up during the night, but they weren't real labor contractions, just the annoying getting-stronger-every-day "practice" contractions. I still get the feeling it's close though -- sometimes I feel like the baby's head is ready to pop right out my abdominal wall (or maybe those are the shoulders?).
Mom & Dad B., you haven't chimed in yet! Where's your gambling spirit?
Oy, with that many Braxton Hicks, I sure hope you're taking it easy! Is Greg staying home yet to help you with the kids?
ReplyDelete~ The Resident Murloc
Well, since almost everything else is taken, I'll go for June 9. That's a good day, since it's the feast day of Bl. Anna Maria Taigi, a married woman and mystic, from whom I learned a lot about being a good wife.
ReplyDeleteIt's also the feast day of St. Ephrem of Syria, a 4th century Doctor of the Church. He wrote beautiful homilies, hymns and poetry, and helped introduce the use of hymns in public worship. Magnificat often has selections from his writings for the daily meditations.
Of course, it's also the feast of Mary, the Virgin Mother of Grace. What better day to be born than a feast of Our Lady?
And then, best of all, it's the feast of Bl. Henry the Shoemaker! He lived in Paris in the 17th century and founded the Confraternity of Saints Crispin and Crispinian (Freres Cordonniers) for the spiritual development of his fellow cobblers.
So if your child has any control, I think he will choose June 9.
Of course, if it's a girl, she may choose June 10, the feast of Saint Brigid of Ireland, who said in a prayer of hers, "I would like a great lake of beer for the King of Kings. I would like to be watching Heaven’s family drinking it through all eternity."
But I still bet on June 9.
And I'll guess 7 lb. 15 oz., 21 1/2 inches.
I still like my guess of June 11. Not only is it a perfect 40 weeks, but it is also the feast day for an Irish virgin named Saint Tochmura, and is considered a special patron of women in labor.
ReplyDeleteAnd, while I'm at it, may Saint Gerard Majella grant you a perfect delivery! =)
~ The Resident Murloc