Friday, July 17, 2009

The CA trip, Part II

The Shower


The day after the wedding, we had a family post-wedding-get-together/baby shower for Joe and Rie. Most of the family came, plus many family friends who stand out in my childhood memories. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take many pictures, because as luck would have it, Mom threw out her knee the day after we arrived and wasn't able to walk unassisted for several days, so my SIL & I had to run the show (not without many suggestions from the Queen Enthroned, of course). ;)

Katie & Dave had a couple centerpieces foisted on them as they were leaving the reception the previous night, so they brought them for table decorations at the shower. (They smelled like rosemary -- mmm!)

the three Katies!


Two baby bellies, waiting to meet each other! (Sara on the left is my cousin's wife, due one month after Rie.) (Peter, the escaping toddler from the previous post, is her cutie-patootie little boy.)

Damien really put on a show at times! Miriam can't wait to meet her new cousin. Hopefully some of us will be able to go out for the baptism.

One of the neatest things about this day, I thought, was that after all the other guests had left, all the siblings and their spouses remained at the parents' house for a long time into the night. I guess we must all like each other or something!

We played the piano for each other, we sat around and we talked -- it was great just being together. One of my love languages is quality time, so this spoke a lot to me. Poor Katie though -- Rie and I were comparing pregnancy and labor notes, going back and forth, while she had to sit and listen to us! Someday, Katie, you too will understand this all-consuming passion. :)


It was nice to have everyone together at the shower, even though I didn't really get to chat with as many people as I had hoped. Next family get-together!

No comments:

Post a Comment