The first day after a long weekend is always painful. With Mr. Pickles back at work (he took off Monday and worked from home yesterday) I lose my ally in the never-ending battle against the forces of chaos, destruction, and barbarism (also known as our sweet little gherkins). I also have to get up early again, which is never a good way to start the day. And aforementioned forces of chaos always demonstrate how much they're feeling the lack of Daddy by contriving to be as whiny, needy, obnoxious and nasty to each other as possible. This happens every single week -- you think I'd be prepared for it and at least fortify myself with a shot of whiskey or something when I first wake up. But no, that first "real" workday every week always hits me upside the head with bickering (theirs) and yelling (mine), with a side of whining (all of ours). Add to that an increased intake of sugar, grey grey skies with that depressing drippy rain, and a bad mommy who stayed up way past her bedtime, and you've got a recipe for a pretty miserable day.
But hot DAMN, I look good in my new jeans!
I bet you enjoyed today much better than yesterday:-) And the next couple days will be even better (and Mr Pickles will be home). Have a wonderful weekend in your new jeans!
ReplyDeleteGenevieve just said "DAMN" - huh. ;) Glad the new weather is working its cheer on you! I hate when Matthew goes back to work on Mondays too, I even get the "Sunday Night Blues" which I thought were permanently gone when I stopped working outside the home. And the really sad thing is: Matthew works out of his HOME office! He's just not as accessible and we don't get out of the house. Boo.
ReplyDeletelove you!
SueBee