I feel like it's been a while since I've had a gratuitous baby post, so here you go.
Joseph is one now. Did you hear that? ONE. As in a YEAR. Whatever happened to my precious little newborn? Oh yeah, that's right. We keep feeding him (oh how we feed him!) so he keeps growing. He eats as much as I do at any given meal. Sometimes more. I'm still not sure where he fits it.

He especially likes s'mores.
Now that he is ONE, he's getting into stuff. Well, even more stuff than he used to.

Like his sister's quiet corner, where all the fun tapes and CD's are.

He also likes light switches. This particular one is a baby magnet.

He turned the furnace off a few weeks ago (there's a switch in the basement, next to where I do the laundry).

He's recently discovered the concept of putting things in things. We can tell when he's getting full at a meal, because he'll spend 5 minutes putting his food in and out of his bowl, instead of simply shoveling it in his mouth as fast as he can.
He also finally mastered the art of climbing the stairs.

Peekaboo! He's actually been technically able to do this for a couple months, but the first time he tried he fell backwards off the bottom step, and so was extremely cautious about ever going up. Recently he finally decided he was man enough to try again. One day I was in the kitchen and I heard him chortling with glee. I came running (any mother knows that's not a good sound to hear from your unsupervised toddler), to discover him already almost up to the landing, amazed and delighted in his good fortune that he actually got so high before we caught him!
Almost at the same time that he decided climbing stairs was fun, he figured out how to get back down. It seems like he's extremely calculating -- he never tries something until he's confident he can do it well. I'm hoping this reserve and caution carry on into his teen years. (But I'm not holding my breath.)

Isn't he yummy? We love our boy.
I love hoods with bear ears. Maelys has a couple too - we like to call them her "wittle beah eahs." Okay - I'm embarrassed now...
ReplyDeleteleaves...