Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ta-da!!

I just finished Miriam's flower girl dress for Uncle Dave's wedding! It was supposed to be done before the baby came, but I got caught up in so many other projects (most notably his baptism outfit) that I wasn't able to start it until after he was born. But now it's done! Well, almost. I still need to get a snap to attach to the right side of the bow (that's why it's lying a little cattywampus).

Do you think she likes her dress?

She discovered that it's good for twirling.

She and Edy are going to look so cute together! Thanks to Uncle Dave and Katie for asking both of them, and to Katie for picking out such a pretty pattern!

This is by far the fanciest thing I've ever made. I'm grateful I've sewn so much lately, because I felt fairly confident handling a project like this! The pattern itself wasn't that complicated, but a couple things really threw me for a loop so I had to improvise. In a couple places I totally disregarded the directions because I thought I could do something better (that would be the perfectionist coming out in me). :) I had to pull out a lot of seams and redo some things, especially when it came to the zipper, and matching up lines in the back. But I really wanted it to look nice for the wedding (and all those pictures!). :) Hope you're pleased, Dave & Katie!

Now, on to my next project -- something for ME to wear to the wedding! :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress for a beautiful girl! And super cute butterfly sandals.

    Only 3 more weeks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2cute4words! So I won't write any. Whoops...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellissima! Very pretty! Congratulations, Mama!

    Are you going to paint her toenails to go with her pretty sandals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you bet! Something sparkly. :)

    ReplyDelete