
FOR TODAY, Monday June 2...
Outside My Window... it is very green and bright and summery and lovely. Two days ago it was beastly hot and humid, and then we had a TREMENJUS thunder storm complete with howling winds and hail, which actually cooled everything off nicely. (usually rain makes it worse!) It's a day that I feel guilty staying inside.
I am thinking... that just for today, I will put their dishes in the dishwasher. Just for today, I will change that burned-out lightbulb. Just for today, I will pick up their socks and put them all the way in the laundry basket. Just for today, I will put the dirty diaper IN the diaper pail. And I will do it all cheerfully. Just for today.
I am thankful for... my Mother's Day present -- a new laptop! (from which I am publishing this very post)
From the kitchen... Mr. Pickles has been The Grillmaster this weekend! Hamburgers, chicken, and tonight hot dogs! With baked beans, corn on the cob, and lemonade. Mmmmmm.
I am wearing... a new blue print shirt from J. Jill (my all-time favorite clothing store -- there's an outlet about 30 mins away from us), and linen maternity pants (sigh...).
I am listening to... Dave Brubeck (finally used up my amazon.com gift certificate from my birthday last year!) and the baby swing. Everywhere else it's silent -- everyone is sleeping!
I am going... to feed the baby as soon as he decides he's OFFICIALLY awake and hungry -- right now he's trying to decide whether he really wants to wake up from his nap or not.
I am going... to feed the baby as soon as he decides he's OFFICIALLY awake and hungry -- right now he's trying to decide whether he really wants to wake up from his nap or not.
I am reading... Designing Your Own Classical Curriculum by Laura Berquist. Gearing up for next school year -- first grade and preschool! I've got so many ideas that I need to research and discuss with Mr. Pickles.
I am hoping... to get together with some friends tomorrow to see their baby gerbils.
I am creating... silver purses for Miriam and Edy, to match their flower girl dresses. I just finished a wrap skirt for myself, of which I am very proud -- I designed the pattern with some help from Home Grown and Butterick. I used rayon for the main skirt, added a lining and tucks -- and it came out very well, if I do say so myself! I wore it to Mass yesterday, and then just kept it on all day b/c it was so comfy!
Around the house... it desperately needs cleaning. I've been too busy sewing and reading. :)
One of my favorite things... Vanilla Chai tea by Bigelow. I'm not a huge Bigelow tea fan (I know, I'm becoming a tea snob), but this one is pretty yummy, with lots of milk and sugar of course. :)
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: sewing, shopping, and packing!!

No comments:
Post a Comment