Here is a bit about when Grandma E. was here with us. I was so grateful for all her help. Grandpa B. was like having another daddy around -- he was good for playing and roughhousing and keeping the girls entertained. But it was so nice having another mommy around too, someone who could clean up the kitchen and reboot the laundry, in addition to reading to and playing with the girls. I was so blessed with all the help we received after Joseph was born. Thanks to everyone who contributed to my mental health! :)
Looking through our pictures, I realize that we don't really have a lot of Grandma -- I guess we were too busy enjoying her stay to document it!
Her birthday occurred while she was here, so we celebrated in style! For Sunday Mass we took her to the National Shrine, a church she'd always wanted to visit, having seen it on EWTN, but had never been able to see on previous visits. So we made it a priority this time.
The requisite asleep-with-baby shot. Grandparents are supergeniuses when it comes to getting cranky babies to sleep, I've noticed. How nice to have an extra pair of experienced hands!
Playtime with Grandma. We were blessed with lovely weather, and so spent a LOT of time outdoors.Pictures not included (because I didn't take them) would be attending Miriam's last swimming lesson, and other time spent with the girls, particularly reading to them. Tickling was also a favorite pastime. :) One time Katie ran up to Grandma on the couch, flopped on her lap, and said, "Grandma, I want to be a pickle!" It was SO cute and we all laughed!
On one of Grandma's last days here, we drove into the city to meet Daddy for a picnic lunch. Yet another beautiful day! Joseph managed to have an explosion diaper that required about a dozen wipes and a change of clothes -- I should have just wiped him on the dewey grass (I'm sure he would have LOVED that). :) We found a park bench and had lunch. There were lots of azalea bushes in full bloom, and grassy patches full of clover.

We brought home a couple bouquets of sweet clover! :)We were all sad when Grandma left -- it was so lovely having her here. We had a really good visit, and wish we could visit more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment