Welcome to the newest little Christian on the block!It's always such a relief for me when my babies get to this point -- if the unthinkable should happen, at least they get a straight ticket to heaven.
The Big Moment. He shrieked, of course -- had one or two demons that held on until the last second, I guess. :)
with the godparents and our pastor
marble cake with raspberry filling -- I know, don't you with you could have some? (we've got plenty left -- we'll mail you some!) :b
The baptism ensemble in action. It actually fits quite nicely! (It helps that we have a baby the size of a small elephant.) I had to take tucks in the sleeves and legs, which actually ended up adding quite a bit to the outfit. Grandma E. says it looks like a little altar boy's surplice. :) Joseph's baptism ensemble has gained some of the complexities of a wedding dress -- i.e. something old, something new etc. -- in addition to the top and pants I made him, he's wearing the booties crocheted for Miriam by either Nana or Aunt Terri (who is my godmother), plus a blue ribbon and miraculous medal which I believe his Uncle Joe wore at his baptism umpteen years ago. (hey, did you know that "umpteen" is recognized by blogger's spell checker? just thought I'd share that)
Being this cute all the time is SO draining!
And I'm tired of being froufy!
No comments:
Post a Comment