I am going to wear bright orange with lime green accessories, and a baseball hat backwards.
I am going to do a "joy dance" in my kitchen, and maybe on the front lawn just to embarrass my grown children.
I am going to lie in bed until noon one day a week and think about not needing to get started with school.
I am going to go out and have coffee with my friends in the middle of the morning, and I am not going to feel guilty one little bit.
When I have finished home schooling, I am going to read all the books that aren't worth wasting my time over, just to waste a little time.
I am going to join every club I think is interesting, and I will read absolutely nothing pertaining to education for one whole year.
I will go out in public at any time of the day or night and not be representing all home schoolers everywhere.
If my husband gets angry and threatens to put one of our grown, ex-home schooled children into the trunk of the car for being obnoxious during a family outing, I will not say, "This will not look good for home schoolers if we have an accident and are stopped by the police, and they hear yelling and pounding from the trunk."
Instead, I will say, "Just do it!"
And I will not feel guilty.
Not even a tiny bit.
But for this year, while I am still home schooling, I will behave myself and be sensible, and responsible, and disciplined, and dream about the day I do a "joy dance" while wearing bright orange with lime green accessories, and a baseball hat backwards.
-Terry Rust
No comments:
Post a Comment