We just got back from a great trip visiting family in Minnesoooota -- the girls had lots of great Grandma and cousin time! We'll post some pics later. And now we have just enough time to unpack, do laundry, and repack for our Big Car Trip Down South! Our Southern Belle Maid of Honor is herself getting married, and Mrs. Pickles is in the wedding party, so we're making the trip in the Big Blue. It's two days each way (if we were insane we theoretically could have made it in one, but we're not insane) so we're in for a lot of car time over the next week. But we're going to leave early in the morning, and stay at hotels with pools, so we should have some good down time at the end of each day.
The biggest stressor for me was whether my bridesmaid dress would still fit! I bought it as late as I possibly dared -- in July -- making sure it was still roomy. I tried it on last night, and the good news is I can still zip everything up! :) (Yeesh -- it's amazing how fast things pop out with subsequent pregnancies...) It fits like a glove and I can ALMOST breathe, as long as I don't run or bend over or anything that requires something besides standing and looking pretty. :) I also made dresses for the girls (matching white eyelet with purple ribbon laced thru) which they can't wait to wear. Once again, pictures to come!
We've got the car packed with snacks and books -- ooh, that reminds me, need to choose music! -- in the hopes that the girls will be sufficiently entertained. We ALMOST borrowed a DVD player, but since each day's trip shouldn't be that long (about 6 hours -- same as a Steubie trip) we decided to forgo the electronic babysitter. And when they're tired they'll both sleep in the car, thank heaven.
Oops, I hear meltdowns happening upstairs. Poor kids, we've been ignoring them all day while we packed & prepped. Gotta go. Wish us luck!
Have a great trip Down South and a good time at the wedding. I'm sure Miriam and Katie will enjoy it - they must have the wedding routine down pat by now!
ReplyDeleteGive our best to Southern Belle Maid of Honor and her beloved.
Be sure to post as soon as you can once you get back (while the washing machine is running!). I want to see lots of pictures.
I want to see pictures too! I so wanted to be able to go to this wedding. I was scheduled to have surgery last week so i had to send my regrets -- then my surgery got bumped to 9/26 too late for me to make plans to go to 'Bama!! :(
ReplyDeleteMy best wishes to the bride too!
So glad you're having fun. I was starting to get worried when there wasn't anything posted for awhile. Have a wonderful time! We'll have to plan a play date when you get back. So much has been happening this month.
ReplyDelete