Saturday, October 28, 2006

*sniff*

Katie seems to be well on her way to weaning. *sniff* Our baby's growing up! It's not by her choice, though -- she still wants to nurse before naptimes & bedtimes, but Mean Ol' Mommy (TM) refuses, and for a very good reason. It's like she's forgotten how to nurse, or else she's teething, but either way it's gotten VERY uncomfortable for me -- she's been leaving toothmarks. So, all done nums! After some initial fussing at being refused, she will settle down and accept conciliatory snuggles at bedtime instead. She's almost two (*sniff*) so some might argue that it's about time -- but I know I'm going to miss that close connection time with her at the end of the day. *sniff* A similar thing happened with Miriam -- instead of weaning according to the calendar I waited until the point where I just wanted her OFF me. It's not fun sitting still and trying to relax when you've got the willies.
But still.... *sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment