Monday, October 30, 2006

Oooohhh... shineyyy...

Well, we didn't finish the basement this weekend as we had planned -- we spent Saturday getting this instead:















A new set of wheels!

Yup, we're officially boring and uncool parents. We traded in our chic and sexy little silver mini-ut (must... contain... laughter...) for a grocery getter. However, it is a brand spankin' NEW 3.8-liter V6 with 244 horsepower, 5-speed Sportmatic transmission, ABS, ESC, TSC, ABC, XYZ, 6 airbags, LATCH, power second-row windows, back-seat MOMSPY (TM) mirror, defrost in the rear SIDE windows (you know, the ones that are always foggy b/c the A/C never reaches them), rear seat climate control, stow-and-go back seat, and about 30,000 cupholders Kia Sedona grocery getter.

We likesss it.

It has lots of other nifty little perks, like a sunglasses pocket, infinitely adjustible climate control, thousands of storage pockets and compartments all over the place, hooks for purse and for trash bags, two sliding doors (not power, though, sigh -- but Miriam can open and close them herself), and tinted windows, not the mention the 10,000 mi./10-year warranty. It's VERY roomy. Even Mrs. Pickles' family ought to have enough leg room when they come to visit. :) The only thing I wish it had is the option to move the two middle seats (which are captain's chairs) next to each other -- something you could do in the Toyota. We happen to be blessed with two children who actually get along with each other, so separating their carseats in the CRV was actually a threat to get them to behave. But now they won't be able to hold hands when they fall asleep in the car anymore. :(

Well, now I need to learn how to park all over again, make wide turns (I've hit so many curbs already), and not peel out when I accelerate (6 cylinders go vroom vroom!).

And, most importantly, it's a pretty color.

6 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I like it! It sounds like they actually talked to some moms when they designed it. I like the features.

    The powerful engine must be nice. As anybody who has ever driven near a school at kid pick-up time, moms are ferocious drivers! My tank didn't have the pickup I would have liked, but it was BIG and people tended to stay out of my way.

    And I LOVE the beautiful blue color. Blue is the best!

    I can't wait to ride in it the next time we visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIA? You got a KIA?!

    Well, their reliability has improved greatly in recent years.

    And they do have the best warranty on the planet. (They had to offer that because originally that was the only way they could get people to buy their cars because they had such a reputation of poor quality, but that's changed now and it's actually a pretty good deal.)

    And I guess it does have a 5-star frontal crash test rating.

    But a KIA? And a minivan no less! You might as well spray-paint "dork" on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brilliant retort:
    ththththbbbbppppthththbpppppp!!!!!

    Hey, that gives me an idea...
    http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/858/556/320/oct%20037%20edit.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. A better retort would be to point out that your minivan has more horsepower than his sports car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! What a low blow! That strikes at his very manhood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed -- Mr. Pickles informs me that the engine in our van is the same one that Kia uses in their luxury sedan. It does make nice purring and vroom vroom noises.

    ReplyDelete