Katie gets into her fair share of trouble, too -- the other day I caught her playing in a big box of laundry detergent. She was merrily scooping it out onto the floor and sifting it through her fingers just like sand. (The box is now on top of the dryer, where it's going to stay.) I never had this kind of trouble with Miriam -- there were so many things I didn't have to put away or hide. But Katie is just such a busy little bee and curious about everything that nothing at her level is safe!
----------
Katie loves water. And by "loves" I mean "is obsessed with". If there is a faucet on in the house, she will come running and INSIST upon playing too. When we turn the tap off, she cries. And by "cries" I mean "shrieks and then throws herself on the floor". She's just fascinated by the stuff. Bathtime is the highlight of her day. Even though Katie didn't need a bath I had to give her a joint one with Miriam, because I knew the hissy fit she would throw if she wasn't in the tub too. So the two of them had a contest to see how wet they could get Mom. I think they both won.
This is Katie throwing a tantrum. I tried to get the whole process on film (pixel?) but she's too quick. The first stage is actually her sitting with a fussy "rrraaaa!" and then flinging herself on her belly with another "rrrraaa!" followed by this:

Katie throwing tantrum
I tried to get her to stand up and start over, and this is how she responded:

Katie still mad
Once she finally realizes that we're not taking her seriously (I guess by our laughing at her), her displays of temper are always followed by this:

up!
----------
Big sis decided to decorate Katie one day.

all stickered up
The expression on her face is her mad face -- she didn't appreciate me asking her to pose.
----------

The Katie Who Wore a Pot on Her Head
----------
Katie love being outside. And whenever we go for walks, she insists on stopping to smell the roses -- preferably every single one. I let her pick clover and dandelions. She'll have a collection in her little hand, and every few steps she'll stop and smell them. When's the last time you smelled a clover flower or a dandelion?

CL "dousie"

I have a bucket!
(the bucket, incidentally, is full of dandelions she's picked)
----------
Tell me again why we ever spend money on toys, when our kids are happy to play with our broken furniture?

cheap toys
No comments:
Post a Comment