Friday, May 05, 2006

Finally... Easter pictures!

The Easter Bunny visited our house and left a few surprises around the living room. He very cleverly left two sizes of eggs -- so the big ones were for Miriam and the small ones were for Katie (since Katie's eggs had to be very obvious).

Katie figured out the whole Easter candy thing right away.


an Easter chickie with her Peeps (one of which is headless)


Cool! I found one!

I tried to capture the look on her face when she actually found an egg, but she was too quick. You can get a good idea from Mr. Pickles' face, though. :)

I think I got the hang of this!


Big Easter Bunny


Little Easter Bunny


Easter finery

We asked Katie to stand next to big sis for a picture, but I guess we offended her because she ran into the living room and plunked down on the floor instead:

I don't want to pose for a picture!

After Easter Sunday Mass we went to some friends' for lunch and another Easter egg hunt. They have a great backyard. I'm so envious!

Miriam scoping out the territory


What am I supposed to do with this again?


...oh yeah, now I remember!


a-ha!


What do you want? I'm busy!


Miriam cleans up


Katie gets some help from Mama


...and figures out the rest!

By the end of the day, Katie knew ALL about Easter eggs and the treasures they contained! You should have seen her dress afterwards. I wish I had thought to take a picture!

"opee? opee?"


yummm!

3 comments:

  1. You HAVE to brag about sewing that beautiful dress for Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wasn't going to say anything about it, but okay. :) I had lots of fun making it, and Miriam was SO excited watching it come together. I love the pattern -- it was so easy! I plan to make her a couple more sundresses out of it so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you made that dress. It's beautiful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete