Wednesday, June 22, 2005

When I was a baby ...

This phrase is one of Miriam's current favorites. Whenever we say something about Katie, Miriam will talk about how she did the same thing when she was a baby. For instance, "When I was a baby, I wore a diaper," or, "When I was a little baby, I ate rice cerweal."

This morning, the girls hung out in the bathroom and played with each other while I showered. Katie sat in her bouncy seat and sang various Tuvan throat songs (for the uninitiated, click here and scroll down for audio clips at amazon.com). At one point I saw Miriam shaking the bouncy seat a bit. Once I saw Katie's face turn a bit sour, Miriam and I had the following brief exchange.

Mr. P: "Miriam, don't shake Katie's seat like that. I don't think she likes it. She had an ugly face while you shook her chair."

Miriam: "When I was a little baby, I had an ugly face too."

I just hope I didn't wake my dear wife with my laughter (though that might be better than Katie's morning songs).

No comments:

Post a Comment