Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Miriamisms III

Earlier I forgot to mention another funny part of Miriam's bedtime ritual. We keep her toothbrush & paste in a little cup for her, separate from our own. So at the end of every toothbrushing session, she has to put everything back JUST SO. Once when we were in a hurry trying to get her ready for bed, one of us plunked everything back in her little cup. But Miriam let out a shriek and said "NO!!! It has to WEAD!" and proceeded to readjust her toothbrush so the bristles were facing the toothpaste, so the brush could read.

Miriam often likes to request "Tuppence a Bag" (or as she used to say, "Tuppits a Tha") from Mary Poppins for her bedtime lullaby. As you may remember from an earlir post, the words "something something" featured prominently at the beginning of the song, b/c Mommy couldn't remember the actual lyrics. Well, once when Miriam was watching the movie I made a point of staying to listen to that song, instead of retreating into the office like I normally do. So the next time Miriam requested it as a lullaby, I started singing the correct words, but she stopped me and said, "No, Mommy, sing 'something something'!" She won't let me sing it correctly even now. Indeed, another time when she was watching the movie, after the song Miriam said, amazed, "Mommy, she didn't say 'something something'!!"


I meant to write about this a long time ago, but kept forgetting until now. Since Miriam is among those numbers blessed with long, thick hair, windy days are a trial. Like her Mommy, she hates having hair blown in her face. Last fall, whenever we'd go for a walk on a windy day, Miriam would shriek at the trees. Finally I figured out what she was yelling: "TREES!! STOP WINDING!!!" I just about fell over. I guess she subscribes to Calvin's theory that wind comes from trees sneezing or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment