Who needs TV when you have a preschooler in the house?
singing to CL's baby mobile: "You are sixteen, bear, going on eighteen... you are sixteen, ephant, going on eighteen... you are sixteen, horsie, going on eighteen..." etc. etc. (continuing with kittie, doggie, and the last animal I can't remember)
At dinner last night, patting Daddy's hand with her fork and singing: "Mary had a little lamb fork, little lamb fork, little lamb fork, Mary had a little lamb fork, it's fleece a-white a-snow fork." [at this point we BUSTED out laughing and Miriam continued]: "Mary had a little lamb Daddy, little lamb Daddy, little lamb Daddy..." etc., then patting her dinner with her fork and singing, "Mary had a little lamb rice, little lamb rice, little lamb rice, Mary had a little lamb rice it's fleece a-white a-snow rice."
Once when I was changing Katie's diaper, I noticed Miriam marching around and around on our bed (our down comforter is fun to march on because it makes that fun poof-crunch noise) singing her version of "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious" over and over:
Supercalifwadge-i-o-a
Even though the sound-a someting atocious
If you say it loud nuf... aways a-pecocious
Supercalifwadge-i-o-a! Ba-la-bum ba-la-bum de-i...
Miriam's Sesame Street Clubhouse is the source of much problem solving and conflict resolution. The other day we were downstairs, and I was reading on the couch while Miriam was prattling away. Finally I pricked up my ears and heard:
"No! You being naughty! You need a time out!" [slams one of ther little people in the clubhouse. waits a few seconds.]
[peeks inside] "Are you going to be a good boy? Okay, you may come out."
[little fireman climbs up to the roof and approaches a girl sitting in the bird's nest] "May I have a turn?" "Yes you may have a turn!" [girl gets out, fireman gets in, & gets to enjoy a few spins]
Miriam, noticing me watching her: "The boys taking turns!"
me: "Very good!"
As I write this there are all kinds of antics going on behind me. Just now I heard, "May I come in please?" "Yes, you may." "Hello, man, are you naughty?" [kissing noises] "Oh, that's vey nice."
(This sounds hilarious taken out of the context of punishment & reconciliation.) :)
Once as we were cleaning up, I chucked a couple little people into their box, but Miriam cried out, "No! Dey have to go to sleep!" I looked in the clubhouse and saw the floor covered with "boys" lying everywhere.
And in the world of Catherine...
She has just discovered the wonderful, thrilling world of... blowing raspberries! She's started to do a little baby version of "motorboating" and is taking every opportunity to practice it, most notably when she's mildly upset, or excited about getting to eat (makes it a little difficult to get her latched on...). I wish I knew how to post sound files -- it's SOOOO cute. (of course, everything she does is cute, but this is new and therefore cuter)
No comments:
Post a Comment