Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cozy longies!

Finished Andrew's longies!

I had to take about two inches off the original pattern for both the main body and the legs.  I got partway down one leg when I realized just how enormous they were going to be on a newborn, so I had to rip out a whole bunch.  Fortunately baby clothes are so small and therefore quick to knit.

cutest little model ever
Perfect fit!  They're a smidge long in the body, which is actually just fine, b/c they have to fit over a bulky cloth diaper.  Miriam crocheted a little drawstring for them, which I thought was really special.

my yarn "ball" after
Methinks I won't pull yarn out from the center of the ball any more. :)  Katie spent a good amount of time detangling it and rolling it into a nice neat ball for me, God bless her little heart.  There's a lot left -- maybe enough to make a matching stripey hat!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, are they cute! Great job. They look really soft, too. Perfect for the upcoming winter. Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete