Monday, March 28, 2011

Speaking of big boys...

Guess what Joseph has been doing lately!


Okay, I confess:  I was dreading potty training a boy.  Just about everyone I know with a boy told me they require a little more time than girls to figure the whole thing out.  So I didn't even bother trying any serious training for a loooong time.  I just steeled myself to the knowledge that I'd be changing about 30 diapers a day with 2 in diapers.  After Joseph turned 2, we did insist that he sit occasionally just to get used to the idea, making sure he was well-supplied with books about machines and vehicles.  Plus we fed him all the usual propaganda about the magic of undies and dryness.  But I didn't expect any enthusiasm on his part for this big step into BigKidhood.   Plus, I'll admit I was dreading the hours of sitting on the bathroom floor, not to mention tracking his every move all day. 

And then he turned 3.  One of the ways I honored Joseph's birthday was by insisting he wear Big Boy Pants all day.  We had tried that intermittently for a month or so, but all it did was generate more laundry for me.  However, on his birthday, he ran to the bathroom all by himself when he needed to go, and made it all the way to the evening without any accidents!  Who knew that my procrastination and neglect would pay off so well!!  And today, he even used a public restroom despite protesting that it wasn't HIS potty, when I promised him that it would work just as well.

It figures -- I just bought a mega-pack of size 6 diapers.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Joseph! Way to go, Big Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Joe-joe! Very cool, Jenny...awesome news! :)

    ReplyDelete