Monday, January 24, 2011

New Year's Traditions

Do you make New Year's resolutions?  I used to, but in my maturity have realized the futility of it.  (I do better at the beginning of Lent.)  It's kind of hard to make resolutions to eat healthier and lose weight when one of one's family's New Year's traditions is to construct, decorate, and then consume a gingerbread house within the first week.


 
One for the house, two for me.  None for the house, a handful for me...


 My teeth still hurt just looking at it. (It was delicious though.)


  This year we went all out, with marshmallow snowmen to decorate the grounds.

 
... and a snow alien.

 I'm very proud of my chimney.
Another of our New Year's traditions is to open Christmas crackers, wear silly paper hats, and torture each other with the absolutely atrocious jokes inside.


 The silly cord on the wall kept dumping our Christmas cards on the floor...


Queen Bee and her prince


 Finally got Joseph to keep one on for .03 seconds.


All hail the king and queen! (of silliness and smooches)

1 comment:

  1. So, your photo of the gingerbread house reminded me I have a gingerbread train I still have to put together.

    Yeah, I know, it's late for one. Give me a break, I had NO energy during Christmas or New Years, and am only NOW just starting to feel some energy pouring back into me. =p

    ~ The Resident Murloc

    ReplyDelete