Friday, December 17, 2010

Why, yes, it has been cold here.

So cold, in fact, that I think perhaps it's time to change my seasonal decor.


We got about 1-2 inches of snow yesterday. Not enough to shut the city down, thankfully, (I still haven't recovered from the trauma of last winter!) but certainly enough to sled on. And shovel!

Ahh, nothing like free slave labor. :) (why else would you have kids?)

We went out shopping in the morning as the snow began falling, to make sure we had all the necessary frolicking accessories. There were a lot of people with out-of-state license plates driving about 15 mph. The first snowfall always freaks the new transplants.

Getting them ready is like dressing a knight for battle. I feel like their squire.


Frolic! Frolic!


Get me outta here! I wanna go play outside too!


Yay! All bundled up!

It's pretty cold -- current conditions at 10:45 am say it's 29 outside -- so the kids can't stay out long. But it's enough to get cold and wet and want to come inside to warm up. Note to self: buy more marshmallows.

1 comment:

  1. Is Daniel outgrowing the Bumbo already? Haha! He is a big guy! Your snow looks like German snow!

    ReplyDelete