Miriam had her first piano recital back in October.
I started teaching her a little bit at home 2 years ago, but was never very regular with it. We had always decided to hire a REAL piano teacher when she was 8, so it was time. We're very proud of her. I'm especially impressed with her sense of rhythm -- she counts very well (you can barely hear her count "two" on the half notes). :) She loves her lessons and willingly practices every day. I know it will get harder as she advances, but right now she's off to a very good start! Her piano teacher is excellent -- impressive credentials and really good with kids. She also spends a lot of time on theory, which is awesome. She's been threatening to move back to Pittsburgh -- I hope not soon! I don't know what we'll do when she leaves!
Wow, Miriam, good job! you worked hard on that! It looks like you inherited the family piano talent! Beautiful. :)
ReplyDelete