Sunday, December 19, 2010

Now We Are Six

Guess whose birthday it was in November?


Okay, here's a nicer picture. :) For Katie's birthday, we invited a couple friends over for a playdate-with-cake (not a party). :) We had cupcake cones. Best. Idea. Ever.

Katie decorated her cake for the family party after dinner. Polly Pockets, princesses, and ponies. Yep, she's a six-year-old girl!



One of her not-so-girly wish list items was...

...a remote-controlled car. She LOVES this thing. We decided to invest in rechargeable batteries to save ourselves a fortune.


She also REALLY wanted a bike. It was time -- her long legs were getting really crammed in her tricycle.

Mr. Pickles is SO classy. He even puts little girlie bikes together in a shirt & tie.

It took a couple days for Katie to finally be able to ride her bike, since we were having problems with defective inner tubes in one tire. But FINALLY...

First bike riding lesson! I have memories of my own dad doing exactly this. Except I didn't have training wheels, so he had to run alongside me until I fell over into the ivy in our yard.

So now the kids can all ride together!



Joseph is riding Miriam's first scooter. He is very secure in his manhood.

I can't believe Katie is 6 already. She's such a good big sister. She coaxes the best giggles out of Daniel. She loves hamming it up for him to make him laugh. Her imagination is still tremendous, and the stories she makes when playing or drawing are awesome. I wish I could spend more time just playing with her and listening to her -- she loves sharing her world with us. I have a feeling she is the one most likely to have inherited the family's creative writing gene.

2 comments:

  1. You're a third of the way done with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Katie is such a cutie! Happy Belated Birthday, goddaughter! I love Joseph bringing up the rear on his scooter. He can really scoot! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete