It's the only way to survive, really. Otherwise NOTHING would get done, or lots of things that you didn't want to happen would get done, like the toddler running his spaghetti-sauced hands over the couch, or his little brother, because you were too busy nursing to get the washcloth to wipe him off.
So, for the sake of sheer survival, things I have done while nursing:
-loaded the dishwasher
-wiped several sticky hands and faces after meals
-brushed and flossed several sets of teeth that were not my own
-brushed the girls' hair
-eaten half my meals since the baby was born
-applied a bandaid
-hauled the resident toddler back inside the front door
-run to answer the phone
-poured drinks for thirsty small children
*Sigh* Nursing time is no longer that precious sit-down-and-rest time -- it has to fit in with the rest of family life. I know it will get easier once the baby isn't nursing so frequently. It always gets easier. I just wish I had the luxury to really enjoy these moments with Daniel -- he's going to grow out of babyhood so fast. I can't believe he's a month old already.
Gives you something to look forward to when the weekend rolls around and Greg is there during the day? There will be some quiet times together with the baby. =)
ReplyDeleteAnd on a side note: "eaten half my meals since the baby was born" coupled with running around to wrangle the other kids... You're going to lose that baby weight in NO time. ;)
~ The Resident Murloc
Thank goodness for the boppy, so that I can nurse while browsing the internet, eat, read to Gregory, etc. Nursing while standing in the back of the church or better yet, in the foyer of the bathroom since another nursing mother has the only available chair, is my favorite. Also, I've nursed with one hand while writing a check/purchasing goods at stores too. The clerks usually look at me funny. :)
ReplyDelete