Hey everyone -- sorry about the delay in getting the rest of our vacation pics up, but I had to edit some of them before they were blog-worthy, and since I don't have a good image editor on Priscilla (yet) that meant I had to actually GO DOWNSTAIRS and USE THE PC to post this! How primitive! But here they finally are, the next installment chronicling the Style Wedding of the Year! The really good ones, all 3 million of them, can be found at
their website (the opening movie tells a great story), but here is the Pickles version of the day:

The two professional flower girls, ready for action!

Can you imagine having this for your parish church?!? It was just gorgeous. Those poles knew how to make a church!

"Geez, is she EVER going to come?"

The parents of the groom, looking regal.

The flower girls in action. Edy smiled the whole way, but Miriam looked SO serious, until she stole a look at Edy that said, "Can you believe we're actually getting to DO this??" and then she smiled the rest of the way too. I loved their little bouquets!

The Bobbsey twins. They wanted to have everything alike -- even their hair! The first choice for updo was a french twist, but Miriam inherited her mother's heavy straight hair that violently resists anything fancy. But tucked-under french braids worked!

Here comes the bride! She was SO radiant.

The vows.

The moment of triumph!
And now, time to...

...par-tay! The girls followed Katie around the whole time, like moths to a flame. It was so cute. Katie said every once in a while she'd be talking to someone, and she would feel pressure on her hip -- Miriam had wandered over and just leaned against her, not saying anything. It was so cute. And THIS is why girls start planning their weddings when they're 4 -- who wouldn't want to be a bride like this one!

First dance. Awwwww....

I love this one of Dave with Mom B. They're both so happy!

Katie hitting the bar.

The Original Aunt Katie, putting on the moves!

This is a classic Uncle Jim look.
Joseph got passed around quite a bit -- I think I only held him twice, to feed him!

Joseph with Uncle Teddy.

Joseph with Mrs. Adams, who had left HER baby with grandma to attend the wedding -- but couldn't get out of holding a baby!

Joseph with Aunt Goey.
This wedding was hands down the MOST kid-friendly one we've ever been to -- there was a little room attached to the reception area that had two babysitters and a bunch of toys, so when kids got bored or tired they could hang out here, supervised. Uncle Dave and Aunt Katie are GENIUSES! Makes me wish we'd gotten them a bigger wedding gift... ;)


I love this shot of little Lucy! She's a bruiser, but an adorable one! :)

All worn out from too much partying!

They're having a good time!! We all did, in fact! It was such a fun, classy, well-planned wedding. The two families got along together swimmingly -- what a blessing when you know you'll get along with your in-laws! :) What a blessing to the rest of us too to KNOW that Dave and Katie will have a holy, happy marriage. They're both such good, steady, stubborn people. ;) We love you guys!
Aww, thanks! We love you guys too, and we loved having Miriam and Edy there! They did such a good job.
ReplyDeleteIt became apparent from early in the guest-list-making process that some sort of child entertainment facility would be a good idea (Katie's - I have to give her the credit on this one). We're glad it worked out so well!
We're really happy that everything worked out so well and everyone had a good time; it was as much as we could have hoped for. I know I'm lucky to have Katie and look forward to spending many years with her!
One of the best parts of the wedding was having so many family members and close friends in town for the big event. I LOVED visiting with everyone and having the two families get to know each other. I only wish I could have spent more time with everyone.
ReplyDeleteThank you, thank you, thank you for everything!!!! The Pickles and all your family were so generous and helpful through everything.
It's great to be part of the family now :-)
New Aunt Katie