Friday, July 18, 2008

Art as an outlet

We have continued that long, essential B. Family tradition of getting donuts after Mass on Sundays. Usually Mr. Pickles will drop me off in front of the store and wait outside while I run in. The last several months I've been bringing Miriam in with me. This past Sunday I thought Katie should have a turn, since she had been so good and cooperative that day. Miriam did NOT think this was fair, and let us know it. When we got home, Miriam immediately sat down to draw, and then brought me this:

I think that is the frowniest face Miriam has ever drawn.

I also think it made her feel better to get it out of her system this way. Afterwards, even Katie said she thought Miriam should have been allowed to come in to the store too. Katie loves sharing with her big sis -- well, most of the time.... At least, she hates to see her sad. Awww.

No comments:

Post a Comment