Heh heh heh.(from PBF Comics, which I don't recommend visiting, although I came across this really funny one)
So yesterday WAS my birthday, and thanks to everyone who remembered! I'm now 30-um... 30 something, I think. In my birthday card from Dave he says I'm 2^5, so I'll go with that. I'm officially old enough that I don't feel obligated to keep track anymore.
I had a very nice day -- well, as nice a day as one can expect for the sole entertainer and feeder of three small children. :) But they all chose to behave themselves fairly well, so that all I had to do occasionally was say something like, "Hey! Are you FIGHTING on my birthday?" and they'd snap out of their naughtiness. It was nice. I wonder if it works for unbirthdays too...
Mr. Pickles was running a little late in the morning, and ended up having to wait to catch his next bus, so he stayed and had breakfast with us -- blueberry pancakes, which he made. It was nice being able to spend some extra time with him in the morning -- usually he says goodbye and takes off while I'm barely conscious. The weather during the day cooperated too -- it was supposed to be stormy, but we only got a teensy tiny sprinkling, which we decided to take a walk in with our umbrellas and kitty rain boots. Later in the day it cleared up bee-yew-tifully, so we spent a good part of the afternoon outside. Mr. Pickles came home early to fix dinner -- he grilled these massive meaty steaks that he had started marinading the night before, so they were super awesome! We also had corn on the cob (a summer staple), finished off with a decadent chocolate cake topped with a Cinderella cake topper (I'm guessing that was Miriam's idea...). I liked all the presents I got -- Miriam made a card for me that says "Happy Birthday" and "I love you" several times over and over. Joseph gave me reasons to do another load of laundry -- but it was from his heart! :) After the girls went to bed we watched Meet the Robinsons, which we enjoyed immensely! See it if you haven't yet. All in all it was a very nice day. No pomp and splendor, but still a good day.
I found that my attitude the whole day was thankfulness -- right after I woke up I got down on my knees and thanked God for all the blessings of the past year: most notably for Joseph (whose life began just about a year ago), for our other two blessings, for our angel babies, for our lovely home, for my amazing and wonderful husband whom I really don't deserve, and for my first family. God has been so good to me this past year, even though I'm such an ungrateful, whining, undeserving wretch sometimes! I only hope and pray that I can do well with the things he's entrusted to me; that one day I will hear, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant!..."
Happy Birthday, Sweetie!
ReplyDelete