Monday, July 23, 2007

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!

omigoshomigoshomigosh -- Dudley! and Hedwig!! and Ginny!!! and Kreacher!!!! and Ron!!!!! and Dumbledore!!!!!! and Snape!!!!!!! and Neville!!!!!!!! and Harry!!!!!!!!! and Voldemort!!!!!!!!!! and and and... the DEATHLY HALLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!
(pant pant pant) wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow
/fan girl effusions

(No spoilers allowed in comments!)

5 comments:

  1. Wow~ that has to be a record for the quickest time reading a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that's pretty average for me reading (more like devouring) a new Harry Potter book -- 2-3 days. Actually, if I hadn't had to feed my family or sleep, I would have finished it on Sunday. :) After Mr. Pickles finishes I plan to read it again to pick up all the details that I missed during my first lightning-speed read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished it just before Dad came home from work yesterday (Monday), so he can have it all to himself now. He'll probably finish it tomorrow.

    Aunt Mary Ellen said a friend of hers planned to take 2 days off work to read it.

    What did you think of it overall? I was really impressed with it. I think it's the best book of the series, and I found the ending very satisfying. All the loose ends were tied up! I was amazed at her skill in planning the whole story arc.

    I can't wait to see what Rowling writes next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read in an MSNBC interview excerpt online that Rowling is thinking of writing a Harry Potter encyclopedia next.

    BTW, if you can, watch the Today show on NBC on Thursday and Friday mornings this week (July 26 & 27) because they will be interviewing J. K. Rowling on the show. BUT BE WARNED! There will probably be spoilers in the interview, for those who haven't finished HPATDH yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so not sure what I think at the end of this! It was good. It was confusing. It was AMAZING. It was convoluted. It contradicted itself. It overstretched. And yet....... all was well.

    P.S We have a Catholic reading group/discussion forum with an entire folder for those of us who love Harry Potter. Come and give spoilers! http://forums.delphiforums.com/summerreading1/start

    ReplyDelete