Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bleg.


Sorry for the lack of interesting things on this blog. I do have a backlog of good pictures and cutisms and family doings (especially all things Easter-related), but I've been rather stressed out lately and haven't been able to take the time to post anything. So I'll spend this time ranting instead of doing something useful. Naturally.
We all had drippy noses for a while, but it was hard to tell whether it was allergies or a wussy virus. Well, Mr. Pickles actually had to stay in bed for two days -- but he got it the worst of us. The rest of us just used up every single tissue in the entire house. I just bought 9 new boxes to replenish our stock.
I've also been experiencing a difficult situation in a circle of friends, which has commanded most of my computer time. I feel partly responsible for the conflict, which makes it impossible for me to shelve the guilt feelings that have been keeping me from sleeping well lately. What do you do when someone tells you that something happened but she won't tell you what it was and says she doesn't want to talk about it anytime soon? I believe that things will be a little smoother in the immediate future, though. But it's been a difficult week.
As if I didn't already have sleeping problems, I was talking with a neighbor about some unpleasant things she's seen in our neighborhood. It explains the reason we hear police sirens nearby occasionally. And every once in a while I'll see a car along our street with a smashed window. I'm starting to see more graffiti around than when we moved in. I've also heard that the mall where I always take the girls shopping is becoming a hub for gang violence. And then we had that awful day of wind -- I couldn't sleep the night before w/o some white noise to drown it out, b/c I kept thinking of all the horrible things that could happen (I don't sleep when it rains either). That day I heard about the shootings at VA Tech. It made me want to take my family and run away and hide somewhere, in a vain attempt to keep my precious sweet girls safe.
There comes a point, after one has been repeatedly hit on the head with a hammer, wherein one mercifully goes numb. After all of this coming at me within a short time span, I finally accepted the reality (again) that this world is not heaven, and that you're really not safe until you're dead. I need to develop a greater devotion to our family's guardian angels, and trust that God will not let anything happen to us that He wouldn't give us the grace to bear.
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm happy that I'm not pregnant right now. I think that worrying about the possible loss of another baby would have sent me over the edge. It was really hard to wait this month, but I'm glad we did.
And Spring is NEVER going to come! Never! I had to REOPEN my box of packed-away winter clothes last week because it was so freakin' COLD. Winter, it is past time for you to LEAVE. Sweltering summer is going to be here soon, and I'd like to enjoy just a little bit of quality time with everyone's favorite season before I have to melt into my usual summer puddle. I could really use a big dose of sunshine-induced Vitamin D now!!!
So, this explains why we've been neglecting all you beloved family members! We promise to be more dutiful children/siblings/[insert relation here] when our schedule and our sanity return to something more closely resembling normal.
/vent

1 comment:

  1. Awh, come here, you need a hug! What a yucky week. I was thinking about you all in Va when I heard about the shootings. I know it's more traumatic when something like that happens in the state in which you live. I think we suffered 9/11 more acutely than did folks in more removed parts of the country. There's the constant nagging feeling of "what if it happens again"!? Pray for the grace to be peaceful. It's more than knowing things will be all right - some times we really need that which we cannot give to ourselves - HIS GRACE. You are in my prayers and have my love!

    ReplyDelete