Saturday, April 28, 2007

ALLELUIA!!!

Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning. (Ps. 30:5)

Yes! It's true! The trees are actually growing LEAVES! Hope at last! :)

Okay, now I feel like it's REALLY Easter. We just did a whole bunch of yardwork today, along with the rest of Northern Virginia, I imagine -- I must have heard about 20 other lawnmowers running this morning! We mowed, weeded, trimmed, raked, dug, planted, watered, and got muddy. It was gorgeous weather -- you couldn't ask for better yard work weather -- and now it's supposed to rain again and water all my newly planted seeds (daisies, poppies, sunflowers, four o'clocks, and some undetermined "spring mix"). I feel so virtuous and productive (even though I was up until 2am watching Alias last night, and Mr. Pickles let me sleep in until 9 this morning, bless him...). :)

Our back lawn is resplendent with dandelions and violets. Dey so pwetty!

Hunting for worms...
...and finding them!

showing her treasure to Daddy

Ook, Mommy, it's a snake!
(Can I just say how amazed I am that they're not totally grossed out by these cold, wiggly, slimy things? And that they fight over whose turn it is to hold one?)

"I'm going to hold this worm so it can be happy and have a friend!"

Our happy home in its spring glory. (with our two most precious blossoms by the door)

No comments:

Post a Comment