Katie is into that "repeat everything you say" phase. I'll say something to Miriam, and Katie will repeat the last couple words. It's so funny hearing things coming out of her little baby mouth! Just now as Miriam was eating a cookie, she bit out part of it and told me that it looked like a C. Not wanting to pass up a Learning Moment I said, "Yes, and C is for cookie." Then from Katie we hear, "C for dookie! C for dookie! C for dookie!"
When it comes to her words, she still needs occasional translating, but she's getting so much clearer. She no longer drops final consonants. I make a point of enunciating things very carefully so she can hear well how they're supposed to sound. This is really a fun phase. (I think I say that about every phase Katie's going through....)
No comments:
Post a Comment