These are the things I need to blog about more often, because so much hilarity is lost unless it's written down right away.
----------
Miriam is very interested in people's ages. One of her favorite questions to ask is, "How old they awe afto they bothday?" She asks us this several times each week. We don't want to discourage her from asking questions -- many times I've noticed she'll ask something she already knows the answer to, just to get us to talk with her. But one can only take so much pointless questioning, so lately I've taken to replying to her very obvious questions with, "What do YOU think?" Earlier today Miriam asked me, "How old Katie is afto her bothday?" so I replied, "What do YOU think?" since this was about the 3,714th time she's asked that since Katie was born. Miriam thought for a minute and said, "I think she's going to be 30, just like Daddy."
----------
We have a large mirror in our walk-in closet in which Miriam loves to study herself. A few days ago she was playing with her hair in front of the mirror, and lifted it all up on top of her head. Then she said, "If you cut off all my hair, then I'll be a BOY!"
---------
In anticipation of the annual Christimas shopping frenzy, we've been getting various toy catalogues in the mail. Miriam LOVES these -- she's taken to bringing them in the bathroom with her so she can peruse and dream. I remember drooling over toy catalogues when I was a kid too. Today as she was showing me her favortie pictures from the Fisher-Price catalogue, she would say, "Mommy, you need to bwing one of dose fo me!" I think her favorite (mine too) :) was the $90 fairy tale castle. Dream on, child.
---------
"Uh-oh."
What, you want more?
Okay, that's Katie's contribution to family conversations these days. She discovered the joy of saying "uh-oh" while we were at the mall a couple weeks ago. Now every employee at Target, Aunt Annie's, Stride Rite, Shoe Dept and the food court knows that Katie can say "uh oh." It actually reminded me of when Joe was little and he liked to push the morse code button on our walkie-talkies -- you could always tell where he was by the never-ending "beep... beep... beep...." Same with Katie and her "uh-ohhhh... uh-ohhhh... uh-ohhhh....."
No comments:
Post a Comment