Mr. Pickles got me a new laptop for Christmas.
| glowy screeeeeeen |
I have only just now mastered photo editing on it. And by "mastered" I mean "beaten into submission." I hate it when a photo editor thinks it's smarter than you and that you can't possibly want to do what it is that you're telling it to do so it just point-blank refuses so you have to download an old version of a photo editor that you know will let you do what you actually want it to do even though you used to complain about how clunky it was to do one simple thing.
I have a college degree! I am an educated person! I do too want to batch resize! So take that, stoopid pre-installed photo editor! You have now been replaced by an obsolete photo editor. I hope you're happy.
....Hence the extreme delay in pictured blog posts.
----------
All this is to say that now I have pictures to share! Because I am just OCD enough, rather than starting with the last update and moving forward or even posting something more recent and then moving backwards, I chose to begin at the beginning of the year which doesn't really make any sense at all but it's TIDY.
Ecce January 2017!
The top three stayed up to greet the New Year. It was a challenge, but they made it. We watched a movie to pass the time until the Ball Drop -- one of our family traditions.
We also get Christmas crackers every year and make everyone wear their paper hats and take turns reading the horrible, horrible jokes inside the crackers.
| we don't look tired at all |
It looks pretty sad after a couple days.
This year for Christmas we got a 3-D puzzle of.....
Hogwarts!!
It was SO much fun to build, and super-challenging. There were millions of pieces that all looked exactly alike. It took us several days of everyone working together -- that was the most fun about it.
And the details!! We were totally geeking out about them.
| the entrance to the Great Hall: the school's coat of arms! |
| the entrance to the third floor corridor!! It's Fluffy! |
| Hedwig! |
| and in the carriage entrance... |
| the sign of the Deathly Hallows! |
Finally, nothing screams "the toddler was here" like...
...finding pieces from the kids' Nativity set in big sister's boot.