Friday, January 01, 2016

On the eighth day of Christmas...

...my true love gave to me:

a Happy New Year!
paper crown courtesy of Christmas crackers

the rule is that you couldn't eat any of the gingerbread house unless you're wearing a crown
...aaaand a decimated gingerbread house!
for comparison: Before...

...and After!
It was good, too -- still soft enough that you didn't need to use your back teeth to bite it!  At first I was afraid the roof would collapse overnight, but it held!

We also took Grandma to visit the Basilica in DC.  I can't believe we'd never brought her before!  While she and Mr. Pickles toured the upper church, I took the rest of the crew to see the crypt.  Everything was decorated for Christmas, and it was just lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year, pickles family!!!! We love you and miss you! Rachel

    ReplyDelete