Could she get away with this in a regular school?
One great thing about homeschooling is that the kids have time to be creative in their schoolwork. And by "kids" I usually mean "Katie." And by "creative" I mean "wack-a-doo."
As I've demonstrated
elsewhere, Katie enjoys decorating her math sheets. I think she just can't help it. She just sees things and can't NOT express them.
So here, for your viewing enjoyment, are the best of the last math book's decorations. (She's about to finish off another book, so there will be more!) Some are illustrations of word problems, and some are just...
...weirdness.
 |
| get it? get it? It's a yard! and a square foot! |
 |
| agreed. |
 |
| I wrote "shudder" for this one -- apparently she can't resist the adjective "cute" |
Sometimes she's in such a rush to finish that her writing becomes illegible. Or she will decorate her numbers, and thereby render them illegible.
 |
| I swear it looked like a chili pepper before she scribbled it out |
 |
| "peep!" |
 |
| anglerfish + fish = breakfast |
|
A special word about Deep-Sea Anglerfish -- he has generated his own spin-off adventure series this year, meriting his own page!
 |
| anglerfish + dark fishy = lunch (lunch is not his favriote) |
 |
| just silly write-your-own-word-problems -- hopefully you can see it if you zoom |
 |
| I think Ooboo and his "fimgers" deserve their own spinoff, too! |
Now, if only she would devote half as much energy to getting all the problems correct!...
Katie makes math fun! I love it. Katie B
ReplyDeleteI love your blog and your delightful children, Jen!
ReplyDelete