Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Place ye bets!

Baby #6 is due in two weeks, so it's high time to place ye bets!  The official due date is Wednesday August 5, which means tomorrow I will be 38 weeks pregnant.

This time around you have the opportunity to choose the birthday, birth weight, and TIME of birth.  All my labors happened during the night, until Andrew, who decided he wanted to come during the day!  That sure threw us for a loop regarding sitters for the rest of the brood.

Anyway, here are all the previous stats so you can work up your mathematical models or whatever (good luck):

Miriam -- born at 37 weeks 5 days (which would have been yesterday), on a Tuesday, at 1:06 pm.  7 lbs. 12 oz.

Katie -- born at 39w 5d, Friday, at 7:30 am.  7 lbs. 5 oz.

Joseph -- born at 39w even, Friday (Good Friday, in fact), at 6:15 am.  7 lbs. 10 oz.

Daniel -- born at 40w 4d (the stinker), Tuesday, at 1:34 am.  10 lbs. 7 oz.

Andrew -- born at 39w 4d, Thursday (he broke the pattern!), at 6:51 pm.  7 lbs. 10 oz.

This one -- ???  birthday & day of week?  time?  weight?

My personal feeling is that this one is also going to come a little early -- but I hope not too soon -- I'm not done lesson planning yet!  (Anyone want to help condense a Shakespeare play into 1 hour?)  And my birth assistant won't come back from her vacation until Sunday.  So hold on, baby!

Also, to add to the fun and possibly bias your guesses, I've been measuring on the large side.  But at my appointment today, the midwife estimated baby's current weight to be somewhere between 7 and 8 lbs., but I had to promise not to hold her to it. :)

THIS time we're upping the ante and offering an imaginary bag of RED VINES to the winner!  Alrighty, have at it!


3 comments:

  1. Ok, I'll bite. Your next little boy will be 8lbs, 2oz, born at 39 weeks gestation (one week from tomorrow!!)... at 1:12 am! That sounds pretty good to me. God bless your last few days, Jenny! Much love to you! Rachel and Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm betting on Aug. 1 (St. alphonsus Ligouri) (don't know how many weeks that is!) and 8lb. 11 oz. at 3:30 pm, just before rush hour - even though you're having a home birth, avoiding rush hour is still important to us californians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes -- we want the birth team to arrive in time!!

      Delete