Achoo!
Well, spring is in full bloom 'round here. FINALLY. We've had some truly lovely days. And rain. Lots of rain. The best thing about the rainy days is at least it keeps the pollen down.
{Pretty}
Spring. Pretty much.
 |
| pink dogwood |
Its no wonder this time of year makes hearts sing and poets write. When you've just spent several months convinced that the universe is trying to kill you, it's so refreshing receiving a loving caress instead when you open your door.
 |
| Camelias. (and a neighbor -- they haunt the yard on nice days) |
 |
| the neighbor's dogwood, seen from the dining room deck |
 |
| a Red Bud tree. the previous owner raved about these trees -- now I see why |
 |
| Azaleas -- the day after a heavy rain, so they are not looking their perkiest. Still, love the colors by our front door. |
 |
| Pink! |
 |
| a random vine seen from the deck |
 |
| one of the yard gates, with a flowering-vine-covered archway. I love the many little beauty-spots in our yard. (not pictured: the slime-filled fountain to the left. I'm afraid to clean it out, lest I disturb a Swamp Thing.) |
{Happy}
Nice
weather means: picnics outside! This is a pretty nice arrangement: we
prop open the screen door to the deck, put baby gates up to cover the
steps, and Andy can wander in and out at will.
 |
| ahhh, sunshine! this was taken in early April -- it's much greener now! |
|
...unless, of course, he were to knock over one of the gates, tumble down the steps, bite his lip and wander around loose until Mommy found him bleeding all over the front yard, lost and alone and bawling his eyes out. Ha ha, not that that could
ever happen, of course, because our children are
always perfectly supervised and
never neglected or allowed to do anything remotely dangerous or unsupervised
ever.
(hypothetically, I wish I had a hypothetical picture of his hypothetically fat lip, because, boy, it was a hypothetical doozy!) (especially because he ran into a chair the next day and bit his lip in the hypothetically SAME PLACE.)
{Funny}
 |
| Andrew's Silly Face |
 |
| it's hard getting a shot of a small boy whapping himself in the head repeatedly... |
Katie is our resident nature-lover. She has no fear of creepy-crawlies. Exhibit A:
Yes. That's right. Katie adopted a pet
bumblebee.
 |
| meet "Dandelion" |
Sadly,
Dandelion was not with us for very long. She had a torn wing when
Katie found her. But she died a happy death, swimming in a puddle of
honey in our bug jar.
{Real}
Just getting ready for the practical aspects of summertime...
 |
| think these will last us to the end of the month? |
This next OUGHT to have been in the {happy} section, but for the fact that a few days before this was taken there were 3 eggs in the nest; now there are none. The
Nesting Curse has followed us to our new home. So sad.
 |
| this wreath was hanging forgotten by our side door, and I was about to pitch it when I noticed a robin flying off squawking angrily every time we opened the door. I was looking forward to having a nest so close for observing, but, sadly, the location isn't sheltered at all, and blue jays and squirrels are everywhere. I wonder how a mother robin feels when she comes back to her nest and all her eggs are gone. What does she do for the rest of the spring? |
Also {real} is the fact that we have a Christmas wreath hanging outside our door in May. Just keepin' it Klassy.
I love all your spring plants! They look great! Red Buds are gorgeous. The tree on the corner by our front door is a red bud and it is spectacular in the spring and beautiful all summer. It is one of my favorites. We have azaleas under it but alas they never have blooms because the deer eat them every single spring.
ReplyDeleteDon't feel bad about the baby escaping. It happens to us all the time. We have had some very close calls. I really think it is in Gods hands because there is no way you could be vigilant 24/7 even with only one baby. Thomas can open the doors if the deadbolt is unlocked and the little kids are unlocking the doors constantly so he often runs outside. It really scares me. He is starting to not run towards the street every time but still!
I'm so happy for you that you have so many beautiful flowering trees and shrubs in your new property! Just breathtaking! Azaleas are my favorites! And I think those random flowering vines are clamatis. (sp?) anyways, gorgeous! And don't feel bad about the eggs. I think birds go through egg laying cycle 5 or 6 times during spring and summer season. I love the Katie pet bumblebee. Cute! Isn't there a preschool song about, "bringing home a baby bumblebee"? Miss you guys! Love, Rachel
ReplyDeleteI don't know that I've ever commented on your blog before :) but I love all the flowers. And a bumblebee??? Crazy Katie. :) And C is very close to escaping too - he can unlock the deadbolt and open all the doors in the house, but for now he has trouble opening the front door... but I'm sure it's not for long!
ReplyDelete~Laura
How fun to find your blog! Now I can cyber-stalk you too. :)
Delete